Saturday 6 August 2011

Tomorrow ... SkyRide

So tomorrow I do something different.  I join an organised activity.  Lots of people, even ... brrrr ... entertainment en route.  Sometimes free water bottles, sometimes music,  kids racing, clowns on unicycles, families out having fun, children with their stabilisers on.

For yes, tomorrow, the roads of Manchester are closed (on a selected and carefully planned and stewarded route) and tomorrow, we Sky Ride.  I have no idea why I am going.  I seriously don't think I'm the target audience because I have no real major fear of roads with cars, so carless isn't really too much of a draw for me.  Also it's a family event, there's no dashing about, there's a lot of waiting patiently behind six year olds who can't get up a lot of speed on their bitty little kiddy bikes.  But it is fun, it is a lot of fun.  And there's that feeling of smugness and pride at being part of something bigger, in showing you stand up for something bigger than you, something you care about passionately.

Tomorrow Manchester Sky Rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment