Monday 25 November 2013

Not so tough

Is it me or am I getting injured and getting sick a lot more than I used to?  I feel a lot more intimately acquainted with my sofa than ever before in my life.  What happened?  Am I magnifying it or imagining it.

An odd coincidence seems to be the getting injured or sick just when I'm on a tight deadline for an Open Uni assignment, thus freeing up lots of reading time.  On the sofa.  I'm not even sure I like the sofa very much any more. Or that I ever really did. 

The previous sofa was an odd one.  Bought as a sofa bed on the recommendation of my Gran.  A Jaybe I think it was.  One of those which said you could use it as a regular bed for six months, so good was the mattress.  I think I (we, I guess) did use it for a good number of weeks while the house was being turned tipsy turvy as we tried to make various rooms habitable.  My bed came with me but in pieces. 

I bought this one because, somehow the previous one made me uncomfortable.  Mentally, more than physically.  I guess I just didn't see the point.  I now live in a world of terracotta mismatch with a sofa I cannot lie on because of the size of my room.  The main selling point as far as I remember were arms that I could rest my mug of tea on.

Sometimes these things are important.  Tea, many cups of it being drunk  here.  Does that make it OK?

Today was brought to you by Billy Joel because you know you're not so tough ...

No comments:

Post a Comment