Saturday 18 May 2013

Silver Flame

Today this song has drifted through my head throughout the steady flat bike ride from Eccles to Wigan along the Sustrans route 55, returning via Leigh and the Leeds and Liverpool Canal onto the Bridgewater canal back home.


From this you can reasonably assume I'm in a good mood and all is well with the world.  Today I was burning like a silver flame right from the off. 

Both on and off the bike I feel centred down, happy with just being.  On the bike I'm there, present, vibrant and alive.  Somehow I'm feeling in control, without having realised I felt precariously off balance for a while, maybe or maybe not related to the unsteadying injury.  It hurt to let go of words like Need, Want, Expect, Assume; without these there sometimes feels like there's no room for Hope.  Now it feels liberating not to have these chains around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment