Wednesday 8 August 2012

National Anthem

I've heard so much of the National Anthem during the last few days of Track Cycling at the Olympic Games that curiously it's now the song which seems to strum its way through my head when I'm out on the bike.  Ah yes, the bike.  I've been out on it again. The road bike, on what, on the face of it, were proper roads.  Sunday's brief excursion was a drag strip along the A57, all about simply working out how to balance on the thing, how the gears worked, the brakes work, and oh hello, yes, reacquaint myself with the clip in pedals.  Yesterday took things a step further because there were actual hills, hilly hills none less.  Gears are not my forte but at the high level of mistakes I've been making all points towards the possibility of a fast learning curve, after all, finding out so many things I can do wrong certainly provides me with a lot of potential areas for improvement.  So it's all mostly well out on the road, I think (hope).

I probably shouldn't be writing today; it feels like a really lack lustre morning.  Combination of things I guess.  Track cycling has finished, we're now moving on to BMX and MTB XC, and for cycling I'm guessing the medal rush has eased off, although there are in reality 3 opportunities in those 4 events.  I'm tired.  There are hormones.  And something elusive is missing.

Still, administration to be done - e-mails to young hopefuls to be responded to, and maybe I'll sort out some bike and travel insurance.  A dose of caffeine and up and at them required.

No comments:

Post a Comment