Thursday 4 April 2013

No reason


Got no reason, for coming to me in the rain.

It's not raining.  But I am full of excuses.  I  nearly listed them but then got hit by a memory of the CBT CBT.  The duplicate initials amuse me.  Computer Based Training = Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.  It was always obvious the two things would run side by side.  Clearly.  Suddenly I was being my own most ferocious critic, unrelenting and downright mean.

So, instead, I'm going to sanguinely pass on by.  Or at least try to.  And not cycling to work today is not something to beat myself up about. Is it?

And tomorrow today will be as far away as 1974 / 1975 are.  Although, what would have happened if I had done things differently in 1974.  Remember that fall on the playground and standing outside the school nurse's building with blood streaming down my gravel grazed knee, but bravely not crying.  Or indeed to the nurse bravely not crying.  In my world, the biggest deal of that moment was not the injury or the fall, it was the fact that the blonde haired, fastest runner, tallest boy in the class who made models with proper batteries and lightbulbs with his dad was holding my hand.  Sigh.

Trotting off now to google him ...


No comments:

Post a Comment