Wednesday 30 May 2012

Porta Bog

So, I guess I have to face up to it.  The question of toilets and indeed ablutions whilst on the go.  I've started making initial exploration into a T5 conversion.  I don't need anything flash.  It doesn't need a paint job from out of a designer's handbook, it doesn't need alloy wheels or lowered suspension or blacked out windows or a straight through wide bore exhaust.  What it does need is a bed and a space for a bike, and some solar panelling so I can charge my phone (oh yes, I'm all over this wilderness thing, hehehehe), and rather than having the calor stove roaming free, perhaps a hotplate might be an idea.  And you can get really carried away with oh and such and such would be good.  But at the end of the day I'm a camper at heart and don't understand the need for onboard heating and shower.  I have a sleeping bag and I have a bucket.  Surely that's all that's needed.   It may be allowed furry dice though.

Looking at all kinds of options.  Buying something someone else has already converted and has either upgraded from or retired from.  Buying a second hand van and taking it to someone to convert.  Buying a van and plonking a thermorest in it (that's so not going to happen) or simply handing over my specifications to someone and saying make it happen.  Turns out, when it comes to looking at re-sale that some kind of double bed is indicated.  Which makes me sulk as a Bridget Jones style singleton.  Priority is more making sure the bike and I can snuggle up together at night all safe and warm, with me caressing it's perfectly formed lines and feeling at one with it, possibly more so than when I'm in the saddle.  Hmm, pink would be a good colour for a van ...

Bimbles off singing quietly:

"You got to learn to fly, learn to live and love so free
When we hear the voices sing"


No comments:

Post a Comment