Thursday 14 June 2012

Fly Away

Thank you to Tracy Chapman for today's pensive lyrics:

You got a fast car
Is it fast enough so we can fly away
We gotta make a decision
We leave tonight or live and die this way

So the quest for a camper van has become a little all encompassing if I'm honest. Well, alongside the quests to climb better, cycle faster and keep close friends closer.  I'm a woman, I can multi-task.  And my thoughts on what I want keep changing.  But that's all good because it means I'm making decisions, and hey, decision making is always good.  So far I have established more desirables than essentials which is also fine because the perfect custom made van is probably not going to be available in budget so it's good to have some wiggle room.  If the world was an ideal place I would like a long wheel base so I can get bed and bike inside.  I would like it to have been a shuttle or minibus in a previous life so there are some windows in the back.  I would like a couple of gas burners.  A water reservoir would be good.  I find myself supremely unbothered as to whether it has a pop up roof. I am not so tall.  Insulation would be good.  I definitely don't want anything pimped on the outside, no alloys, no lowered suspension, no stupid body kit, less stuff I have to worry about really.

And it's going kind of well.  Appointments are made for Monday & for Wednesday next week. My very accommodating ex boyfriend is joining in the search at his local garage and I have yet to give the brother in law a ring about roping him in to come and view stuff with me.  Because in him I trust.

And next year is looking exciting.  There is a notepad and in it I gradually accumulate ideas, some of which simply say Via Ferrata, and Champagne route.  There are going to be a lot of guidebooks in my future.  Which is fine because at some point before I go ... I do have a birthday.  Who would have thought it, I can get older ...

And off we go singing along with good old Tracy:

City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped round my shoulder
And I,I had a feeling that I belonged
And I,I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone

No comments:

Post a Comment