Thursday 21 June 2012

My Own

Well, I have taken the plunge.  Ordered a van.  Decided that trust pure and simple was the way to go and placed in the hands of a total stranger the task of sourcing the van.  And once that decision was made, harder decisions then had to be made over upholstery (Royal blue & pale grey), flooring (sparkly bits), worksurfaces (charcoal grey), bed type, seat type, air conditioning (yes please), and the job as they say was a good un.  It should be with me for the end of August.  I'm excited.

Lonely planet guide to New Zealand arrived last week and Eccles library has given me food for thought with travel books now scattered around the dining room, amidst guinea pig cages, bikes in bits, climbing ropes and the normal paraphernalia of my every changing life.

And we're looking at something like this:

http://www.teahupoo.co.uk/gallery_2.html

And all is indeed well with the world, with today's lyrics from New Order:

"I would like a place I could call my own.
Have a conversation on the telephone."

Mmm, a place of my own.  With two double beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment