Thursday 20 December 2012

Thankful for ...

Today I am mostly loving ...

  • New Zealand muesli.  It removed all my doubts about this product as an appropriate breakfast.
  • Kindle and the ace book the 100 year old man Who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared.  Thoroughly recommend it.
  • Factor 50 sunblock goodness, complete with strange smell
  • Joyous thoughts from e-mail from potential mountain guide
  • Japanese cake
  • NZ post office counter staff who have humour, humanity and flexibility
  • i-site.  Love the trendy name for the tourist info offices, and the map of dreams purchased therein.
  • Outdoor shops - Macpac is now my favorite ever.  I will not disclose how much I have spent there ... but I really needed everything.
  • Weird sounding birds.  They are everywhere but why can I never see them, only hear them?
  • Coffee shops on every corner, and a few between the corners.
  • Last Friday before Christmas, and it's party season, only the kiwis are doing it in burning hot sunshine spilling out of bars onto the pavements.  I feel oddly curious and slightly perplexed! 
Sorry, I seem to be doing joy ... it's my thing you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment