Friday 26 October 2012

Knight Rider

Yeay, a gratuitous Hasselhoff moment!  It's a flimsy fabrication of an excuse to go check out his website really, but it is I understand (for those who experience weekends) Friday night and somehow that seems like reason enough.

Actually, I went night riding last night (see how tenuous the link is), my first time ever, and as part of a group which included an off road tandem.  That takes some strength of relationship really.  Imagine the trust, and also picture just how much tandem time bickering it must have taken to get to the point where they could publicy appear on a bicycle made for two?  My limited experience of a similar situation is spending three days in a two person canoe with my ex.  Who was already my ex at the time.  Which perhaps might explain the three days of gentle bickering and provision of amusement to those with us.  Three days going down the River Wye with all our kit in a blue plastic barrel (just as I believe was used by the original indian tribes).  The difficulties over steering, where we're going, who was responsible, and hilarious (retrospectively) criticism of each other's efforts.  Any rapids were actually a welcome relief because at least then we'd both shut up and just attempt to get through them the right way up.  To ride on a tandem with a partner must be a form of living hell I suggest.  Or perhaps make or break a partnership.  Steer clear I suggest.

And the ride was endurable, although I confess I spent the entire thing in a state of severe apprehension and misgiving and general out of my comfort zone status.  Which is fine because my comfort zone is becoming a little unfamiliar these days.  I say this as I pack light for my next trip which kind of starts Monday as I meander down to my mum's in the Home Counties.  Oh yes, I am originally from Hertfordshire, be in no doubt as my estuary accent hardens itself up in readiness for a return.  A ferry to be caught with a vehicle followed by driving on the right.  And that's only the start of the newness.

And for your entertainment ...




No comments:

Post a Comment