Thursday 10 January 2013

In paradise

Today joy has come from:

  1. The seal colony. I was walking around the peninsula along the pebbly beach, head somewhere in the clouds when from just in front of me is a snorting noise and I realise I'm about to stumble onto a sleeping seal which has now warned me off. I clambered round it giving a wide berth. Just around the corner was the larger colony
  2. Birdlife. Big interesting birdies!
  3. Clifftop walking. Looking down on the folk taking the beach walk, walking along a pathway mown through the middle of a corn field. Panoramic views of coast, sea, and all around me a bright blue sky.
  4. Father Christmas flag. Just outside my hostel room window is a New Zealand flag and below it is Father Christmas flapping in the sunshine.
  5. Paddle boarding. I rock.
  6. Fun with strangers. Laughs and giggles with two German girls out in the sea, on the boards and in the water
  7. Kiwi health and safety prior to exercise questionnaire “Feelin' good?”
  8. Wet suits, warm and playful, and these days I don't feel I have to attempt to cover my belly. Again, I rock. Huzzah.
  9. Room mates. Now sharing with a lass from Cardiff. Indian origin and beautiful.
  10. Jaffa cake ice cream. I make no further explanation

And today Phil Collins has taken root in my head. Another day for you, you and me in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment