Wednesday 13 April 2011

Wiggle It.

Ah, yesterday was a golden opportunity with the weather picking up a few degrees in the April arrival of spring time.  Froze my fingers off in the morning all in the interests of being part of it by foolishly wearing fingerless gloves.  The optimism born of the weekend.

So ... trumpet fanfare ... yesterday saw the first public outing of the Shakin' My Arse T-shirt.  It was a glorious feeling, pedalling past traffic with a cheeky out of saddle bottom wiggle to emphasize the glory of the fitted pink T-shirt with resplendent wording on the back.  Rather than pissing off the motorists with political slogans designed to antagonise, and rather than doing all those morally unsound things by ignoring the rules of the road, why not, I thought, raise a smile, and hopefully I did.

Well, I suspect I did.  There was a set of lights or two which went green but traffic failed to move, hypnotised I believe by the T-shirt back.  Flaunted my wares at the odd other cyclist.  The very odd other cyclist indeed.  Unanticipated finding a 30s guy on a road bike (proper drop handle bars and everything) falling behind me on the one and only hill of my journey.  Nothing not to like there.

I really must get a photo of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment