Friday 8 April 2011

Scrumptious Scarborough

Ah, another illicit evening spent poring over an ordnance survey map.  This time OL27 was the subject of my clandestine activity.  Somehow I have managed to book a camping wigwam (for this please read wooden shed with nearby toilet and shower facilities) near Dalby Forest at the weekend of the National Points Series. (NPS)  Bit of an own goal as the purpose of being in that location was to get down and get dirty with the Red route at Dalby which it now seems is partially closed for the NPS event.  I actually investigated the possibility of entering the race simply in order to ride the route ... but I'd be a bit of an obstacle to the other riders really.  Besides which, what would I wear?

Anyway, never one to let a minor obstacle become a major impediment, an alternative plan in the area is now under scrutiny.  Shall I do a coastal route, find another bridleway and make a journey rather than complete a trail.  Will I take cake? (of course).

It's a weekend with three mates, one of whom is some kind of lightweight racing whippet with youth, talent and skill on her side.  Don't you just hate people like that?  Another is her bloke, a somewhat thickset Dane but nonetheless with sufficient skills on the bike to whoop my arse.  Bringing up the rear is the Scottish midget and of course me.  I've spent the last three months not getting left behind so this one's going to be a reality check for me.  I need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment