Tuesday 28 June 2011

Beautiful morning

It doesn't feel like I've been on the bike for a bit, although I would guess less than a week.  That's the oddness of not cycling at the weekend when I opted to take the walking boots with me rather than the bike.

So this morning in glorious sunshine I'm back in the saddle, and I'm loving it. The commute to work is perfection, the hills are just enough work, not too much, not too little, the lights appear to be green, there may even be birds singing (although I suspect perhaps not in the suburbs of Salford).  I note just one near death incident, which on a daily commute is the average, and four  miles into the journey I sit up and smile.  Grin in fact.  At the same point where last week driving in the car I was waving my fist with a heart rate increased through anger I'm smiling, relaxed and remembering what a wonderful way this is to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment