Sunday 19 June 2011

I flew

Oh yes, yesterday I flew.  In many ways.  I flew up the hills, with a steady gentle pace simply pedalling away from the long suffering Jason who had elected to accompany me on the trip to the Marin trail.  With apparent ease climbing the fire roads at a pleasant maintainable tempo.  Down the swooping single track descents I flew, letting the bike roll over the rocky muddy grassy gravelly terrain, following my nose along the undulating tracks.  Then over the handlebars I flew, the bike stopped and I was a little slower, stopping a couple of feet further along on my hands and knees before rolling over and taking a moment to take on board my recumbant position.  And the worst part of the fall is the painful fingertips making typing an uncomfortable chore ....


Oooh, and here's me before the fall in the "Can't Stop" T-shirt which turned out to have some truth in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment