Tuesday 14 June 2011

White Van

Imagine my surprise.  Hooted at by a white van.  Not, to my amazement in a get out of my way cycling filth fashion but as a tribute to my legs.  Well, that's the way it came across to me anyway.  A man of discernment one imagines, particularly given my chosen costume for the commute.

Heavy old hybrid, baggy top and unfeasibly baggy shorts.  Lost a bit of weight since I invested in those.  Altogether quietly happy to hear it.  It's a long time since I attracted any kind of whistle or cat call, and there's a certain age over which these things are welcome rather than irritating.  I do realise though that some women could find this intimidating, aggressive, or threatening, and ponder over what an appropriate reaction would be given the bigger picture.  However, I can only react as I react which is to smile to myself, not turn around, and just continue with my two wheel journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment