Monday 30 May 2011

Cyclists Dismount

Been grounded this weekend, and a bank holiday weekend too.  Friday night cycling home from work I got a cramp in my left calf, fairly near to home.  But I didn't stop and stretch.  The area I was cycling through is frankly scary and admitting vulnerability didnt' really seem like the best idea in the world so I kept going until I felt a little less exposed.  Leg kept feeling crampy all evening and was joined by shin pain and cramp in toes for a bit.  Saturday it felt OK during the day but Saturday night in bed the bloody leg was agony.  Kept off the bike Sunday, kept off the bike Monday and prudence is keeping me off the bike tomorrow.

Using the downtime, I have completed an application form for Sustrans to become a volunteer ranger near me.
support-sustrans/volunteer-rangers

I'm very very excited about this.  Looking forward to taking on a personal responsibility for the cycle path near to me.  If they accept me of course.  It would be good to have the authority / permission to actually do something physical about sorting out some of the problems I see.  Way better than simply complaining.  Start with sorting out over grown bits and pieces, and maybe one day move on to campaigning for bigger and better improvements.  Such as the two Cyclists Dismount signs on the bike route near to me.  They bug me.

No comments:

Post a Comment