Thursday 12 May 2011

Thursday Fail

Sigh.  I'm sure this wouldn't have happened to me 20 years ago!  Hmm, mind you 20 years ago I was more interested in boys and beer for it to even have been an issue.  Thursdays seem to have become my traditional fail day.  I will cycle in to work on Tuesday and Wednesday and have the intention of looking favourably at the bike on the Thursday morning but instead I look at the bike and grab the car keys.

What is weird is I seem to wake on Thursdays with a stuffy nose and ear ache.  Surely as a youth I would have gone all gorilla hard on it and said I won't let it hold me back, I will do as I planned.  But as an adult frankly it's just not worth it.  There will generally speaking be another day when I can get on the bike, and it's not really like I'm missing something, and there's always the anxiety that by riding through the pain will actually make me fall proper ill by the weekend.  And weekends are important.  This is why the Thursday Fail is very much tongue in cheek and allowed to happen.

It's not all about the bike, it's all about the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment