Tuesday 24 May 2011

Dorothy flight

Once again I'm being a feardy cat.  I have mental pictures of the gale force winds lifting me up as per Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.  This picture has not been enhanced by reading people's twitter entries suggesting they are being physically lifted from their bikes and dumped on the road.  It's not pretty out there.

I am a wuss when it comes to weather.  It takes a lot to get me out on the bike in a) rain, b) wind, c) darkess, d) weather that looks like it might produce any of the previous 3 possibilities.  No matter how many times I tell myself I won't dissolve, it doesn't help.  No matter how much I prepare myself with bomb proof lights with long life batteries, it doesn't help.  Telling myself I will get blown into the path of a passing lorry doesn't form the best mental preparation for the journey either.  So I'm grounded.

Added to my weather woes, I have committed a guilty unfaithful act, and done 5 days kayaking in the last week.  My shoulder is so sore I can't use the mouse with my right arm, and in fact typing is causing some slight twinges.  Wonder  how much the bike riding would be affected ...

Grounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment